Secure Worker Access Consortium (SWAC) brings together labor groups, private contractors, public agencies, and security professionals to:
- Securely collect and privately manage members' personal information.
- Verify workers' identities and threat-free backgrounds.
- Provide real-time information for authentication of access rights at critical infrastructure sites.
- Audit the history of every member's activities.
- Support a trusted contractor community that is known, skilled, threat-free, and stands ready to serve our nations' sensitive sites.
- Ensure maximum privacy protection.
Critical Infrastructure Protection
America's critical infrastructure is a high-value target for an array of international and domestic enemies, from known terrorist groups and foreign governments to political movements and other agenda-driven organizations. SWAC is built on Real-Time Verification's (RTV) powerful platform to bring together public agencies and private enterprises to cooperatively secure critical infrastructure through personal identity and credentials verification of workers needing access to secure facilities. RTV's versatile, customizable technology provides the interoperability, security, and trusted verification necessary for a broad-based, collaborative service that effectively protects critical infrastructure and ensures personal privacy.
Field Tested - Proven Effective
- Long-term use at WTC, NY/NJ transportation infrastructure
- Unifies the efforts of more than 2,700 companies
- Securely processed over 75,000 applications
- Discovered 2 identity theft cases
- Helped identify over 300 potential identity frauds
Meeting Today's Security Challenges
SWAC is a turnkey, managed service that is highly cost effective, instantly available virtually anywhere and easy to use for contractors and agencies, eliminating massive duplication of effort and costs among participating facilities. SWAC is ideal for these and other sectors:
- Airports & Transportation Facilities
- Critical Infrastructure & Key Resources
- Public Landmarks & City Centers
- Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals
The events of 9/11 forever changed the way critical infrastructure would be secured. Real-Time Technology Group co-founded and actively led the establishment of SWAC to address the directives and guidelines of the United States Homeland Security Presidential Directive 12 (HSPD-12). SWAC background screening is based on, but not necessarily identical to, criteria provided by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Transportation Security Administration's (TSA) list of Disqualifying Criminal Offenses as detailed in 49 CFR (Code of Federal Regulations) 1542.209(d) (SIDA) and 1572.103 (TWIC). It is an important part of the security procedures for the World Trade Center complex, NY/NJ airports, rail and bus terminals, bridges and other transportation facilities throughout the region.
As a managed service with intuitive Web-based functionality, SWAC is a simple, cost-effective solution for both agencies and contractors. The power, flexibility and interoperability of the RTV platform enable SWAC to provide an exceptionally efficient and effective personal identity and credentials assurance service. It supports the following:
- Personnel data collection and program administration.
- Biometric authentication and acceptance of valid TWIC cardholders without time and cost of additional background screening.
- Identity document verification, photo capture and authorization-form management.
- Supervision of independent, third-party personal identity verification and criminal history background screening vendors.
- Production and delivery of membership ID Cards.
- Secure Web-based information management system.
- Daily search of terrorist watch lists.
- Maximum privacy protection.
More about SWAC